Mama Jo Pies Response to COVID-19
Our highest priority at Mama Jo Pies is the health and wellness of its staff and customers. We are closely monitoring developments of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are following guidance from the CDC and local health and government authorities. We feel it’s important to share what we’re doing here at Mama Jo’s to help protect our staff and customers.
In addition to our standard cleaning and sanitation programs, we have implemented additional measures in our retail store front and bakery.
1) Clean all frequently touched surfaces in the retail area (for example, doorknobs and handles, keyboards, telephones, counters) with disposable disinfectant wipes every hour during heavy foot traffic and every two hours with light foot traffic.
2) During heavy foot traffic, one retail employee will be responsible for answering the phones and running the cash register, while another will be solely responsible for picking and packaging food items.
3) During heavy foot traffic days, all pies will be packaged and sealed with an ingredient label before being placed on our retail shelves.
4) Additional hand washing signage posted in bathrooms, entryways, and break rooms.
5) Employee refresher training on when and how to wash their hands. This is in addition to the refresher training we host every January.
6) Emphasize staying home when sick, respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene by all employees
As required by the Ohio Department of Health, our key, essential employees hold Person-In-Charge (PIC) Certification in Food Protection and Manager Certification in Food Protection. These employees are committed to our cleaning and sanitation programs and make it a priority every day.
We encourage all customers to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases like COVID-19 by practicing recommendations published by the CDC:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched object and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Again, if you feel ill, we urge you to stay home and seek medical care.
Mama Jo Pies